I’m so excited for tomorrow. I get to take a day and a half off work to have a colonoscopy! I’m not joking. I really am thrilled to have a reason to lay in bed and do nothing all day. Well, for part of the day, I might not exactly be laying comfortably. It did get me thinking that I really need a vacation! If fact, there’s been quite a few signs for me throughout the years as a sleep deprived, working momma that I greatly needed a break.
Here’s my Top 10 Signs You Need a Vacation:
- You desperately look forward to colonoscopies, gall bladder surgery, hysterectomies for a little down time with no guilt!
- You oddly find your bra or your cell phone in the fridge. Oops. Perhaps you were multi-tasking 😉
- When reading an old fashioned paper book, you tap the side of the page repeatedly or swipe it to make it turn. And then get slightly frustrated at the book!?!
- You find yourself jamming out to Kids Bop, The Wiggles, Disney songs in the car….yikes, and the kids are not even with you.
- When you accidentally use Vaginex instead of toothpaste. Yes, I did. I don’t recommend this…majorly numbs the taste buds!
- When you realize in the produce section that you’re in your holey pajamas because you just don’t care anymore. I think I was a sleep deprived mom with 2 kids in diapers and was just thrilled to be in the store by myself!
- When you end up driving to the soccer fields or to work….when it’s Sunday evening… and you were supposed to be on your way to get groceries.
- When you get out of the shower and can’t recall if you used any soap or shampoo. Oh well. Hopefully you can remember deodorant. I keep some in my car and at work 🙂
- Your kids are gone for the night and you horrifically find yourself watching Full House. This one is the scariest.
- You think about how quickly time passes and how important your loved ones are to you. Yes, I think spending some time relaxing and enjoying my family is a must!